An Unintended Lifeline For Small Businesses Considering Restructuring Due to COVID-19
Tue, Oct 6, 2020 1:00 PM – 2:00 PM EDT
The Small Business Reorganization Act & Your Manufacturing Company – An Unintended Lifeline For Small Businesses Considering Restructuring Due to COVID-19 Financial & Legal Considerations for Manufacturers. During the webinar, we will discuss:
- Why and how the Small Business Reorganization Act came to be and how it has been expanded in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- How Subchapter V may be a lifeline for small businesses who would usually not be suited for traditional restructuring and an overview of the restructuring process.
- Key differences between restructuring under Subchapter V and more-traditional options that make Subchapter V restructuring both cheaper and more efficient.
- How forgiveness of debt may trigger taxable cancellation of debt income (CODI)
- How tax attributes may become limited after a bankruptcy or reorganization